We see individuals ages 4-years-old and older.
- Services are offered free of charge to individuals who reside in Durham, Wake, Johnston, or Cumberland Counties and are either:
- Insured under Medicaid through Alliance Behavioral Healthcare
- Uninsured and meet financial eligibility requirements
- Currently, no private insurance plans cover a BHUC visit.
- Individuals who reside in another county or who have private insurance can access our services for a $440 out-of-pocket fee, which is often faster and less expensive than a visit to the emergency room.
Legal Consent for Service is Required
In order to see an individual in the BHUC we must have a signed consent from the individual’s legal guardian. If the legal guardian cannot attend the appointment, we can accept verbal consent via phone, but the guardian would need to be able to send in a signed consent form via fax or email at the time of the service. If the individual or their legal guardian are deemed incapable of consenting to services, we may postpone service or refer to a more appropriate setting.