This is a pilot service through Alliance Behavioral Healthcare, serving those with Medicaid or those uninsured within Durham, Wake, Cumberland, and Johnston counties. (Note: Those with private insurance can pay an out-of-pocket fee for services.)
Who We Serve
- Individuals ages 4+ who have Alliance Medicaid in Durham, Wake, Cumberland, or Johnston Counties.
- Individuals ages 4+ who are uninsured and meet certain income criteria and reside in Durham, Wake, Cumberland, or Johnston Counties.
- Individuals with private insurance can pay $440 out of pocket to access our services, which is often faster and less expensive than a visit to the ER.
Notes on serving children (under age 18)
- Legal guardian must be present to give consent
- If legal guardian is not present, verbal consent by phone must be given
- BHUC must be able to reach guardian and confirm consent in order to serve child when they arrive
Individuals who are medically compromised, are acutely intoxicated, need detox, or are at higher risk of violence would be better served by a hospital Emergency Department or Durham Recovery Response Center.
Feel free to call to discuss eligibility